By: Annie Robinson
What you’ll need:
Follow 8 Easy Steps:
1. Brush your hair thoroughly with your fave brush! Remember, brushing bottom to top will give the best results! If you want to loosen up your hair quickly, spray your hair lightly with a bottle of hair mist.
2. Gather your hair into a low side ponytail. (You might want to secure this with an elastic if you are just learning)
3. Divide the ponytail into two even sections.
4. Take a small strand of hair from the outside of the left half and pull it over the top of that [left] half. Then loop it under the right half.
5. Repeat the pattern on reverse side: outside, over, and then loop under.
6. When you get to the end of your hair, fasten your hair securely with a hair elastic.
7. If you are going for a relaxed and casual look, you may want to loosen the braid a little. For this effect, slowly run your fingers through each portion of the braid, and tug gently at your hair..
8. Keep the braid in place with some hair spray (optional)
Make It Your Own: Make the fishtail braid your own by adding a jeweled headband or a glittery clip. You can also add personality to the ‘do by using a pretty hair elastic!
Tip: Be patient, because the fishtail braid requires practice to achieve an ideal look. It’s recommended that you practice on a friend’s hair. Just remember, it looks fabulous when you get a perfect braid so don’t give up!