These delicious cupcakes are easy to make and taste amazing! Red Velvet cupcakes are the perfect sweet treat to enjoy with friends or on you own… and they can be prepared quickly with basic ingredients you already own!
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 fluid ounce red food coloring
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two muffin pans with baking cups.
2) In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, red food coloring and vanilla. Stir in the baking soda and vinegar. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 mins. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter and frost with cream cheese icing.
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1) Beat softened butter and cream cheese until well blended.
2) Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
3) Frost red velvet cupcakes and you are ready to enjoy!