8 movies, 7 books, a website, video games, dolls, Lego sets, board games, magical candy and a theme park all under way, but Harry Potter fans still want more. One thing that fans are curious about is the infamous butterbeer, a drink that Harry, Ron, Hermione and all their friends enjoy and love. You are able to get your hands on this wonderful concoction while down in Orlando, FL at the Universal Theme Park in the Harry Potter section, but how can you drink it when you are an 18 hour drive away? You are in luck, because here is the sought after recipe for the delicious butter beer:
1 pint of vanilla ice cream, softened
1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional, but put in for a better final result)
1 bottle (24 oz.) vanilla cream soda (very cold)
1. Allow ice cream to soften for approximately 30 minutes. Bring butter to room temperature.
2. Blend butter, sugar, and spices in a large bowl.
3. Add ice cream to the large bowl and freeze the mixture.
4. For at least 3 minutes, heat the cream soda in a pot until it’s warm but still carbonated. You could also go with a very cold cream soda (my preference) and have a more frozen/slushy drink.
5. Fill each glass with a scoop of ice cream mixture and pour the warmed or chilled cream soda over the ice cream.
6. Serve as a perfect Hogwarts treat for all the magical Harry Potter fanatics!